Information for students who are applying for University during a Gap Year
The school provides one-to-one support with the UCAS application process even when students are no longer on roll with us. This includes one-to-one meetings about courses and universities, targeted support with writing personal statements, and the setting up of practice interviews for Oxbridge & Medicine applicants.
There is a school administration cost of £50 to cover this service or £100 for Oxbridge, Cambridge, Medicine, Dentistry, or Veterinary Studies. Students who previously received a school bursary are exempt from this charge.
- Please contact the UCAS Advisor Nicola Bayley during September, October, or November 2021. She is available throughout the first term to give help with the personal statement and to provide advice on courses and institutions.
- Sign up to the UCAS 2022 Hub and start an application using the school buzzword: camdengirls2022
- You must make contact with the UCAS Advisor in early September if you intend to put in an application for Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry, or Veterinary Medicine.
- We will check the accuracy and approve your UCAS form, confirm your qualifications and attach your reference.
- If you intend to re-sit an examination next summer you must register with the exams office by the end of September.
- If you are sitting the UCAT (for Medicine) or the LNAT (for Law), you must register with the test site and book your test independently at a local test centre. It is a good idea to take the UCAT early as results will help to inform your university choices. The deadline for sitting this test is 29 September. The registration deadline for the LNAT (apart from Oxford Law applicants) is 15 January 2022, but please do not leave it this late as slots will all be taken.
- If you need to sit the BMAT (for Medicine) you must register with the exams office by 30 September. The test is sat in school on Wednesday 3 November.
- If you are required to sit Oxford or Cambridge Entrance Exams (many subjects now demand this), register with the exams office by the end of September and sit the test in school on Wednesday 3 or Thursday 4 November, depending on the subject.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Student Finance 2022 entry