Christmas, New Year and the holiday period can be a good opportunity to connect with different people. For some of us, it can also be stressful and trigger difficult feelings. Here are a few tips from https://www.mind.org.uk/ that might help to look after your wellbeing at this time of year:
- Press pause – We can sometimes find ourselves taking on too much or planning lots of social activities, remember if things become too much, you can press pause and give yourself a break at times.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is vital for our wellbeing. Try to use this time to recharge your batteries and aim for at 7-9 hours each night.
- Full Moon - It’s a full moon on Christmas Day, so have a look at that if the sky is clear and take notice of how it looks to you. (It won’t happen again for 19 years.)
- Give yourself a present - Make sure you make some time to do something that you really want to do, or buy yourself a small gift as a treat. Think about what you want to get out of the break and set this as a goal to achieve.
- Finally and most importantly, relax, unwind and have some fun!
For more wellbeing tips over this period, visit: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/christmas